Wollongong fire possibly caused by charging device

March 12, 2024 8:58 am in by
Image: Wave FM, for illustration only

Fire and Rescue NSW advises that it appears a mobile charging device, caused a fire in Wollongong Monday afternoon.

The call to emergency services came in at about 12.15pm, with the fire starting in the bedroom of a Keira Street flat, the smoke alarm in the residence waking two people sleeping there at the time.

A spokesperson for FRNSW says the smoke from the fire was quite heavy, with the occupants getting themselves out of harms way.

Article continues after this ad