Wave FM is partnering with Share The Dignity's It's In The Bag to help make a difference to those experiencing homelessness, fleeing domestic violence or doing it tough ahead of Christmas.
Access to sanitary products is a right, not a privilege so help us give all females in our community the dignity they deserve!
Getting involved is simple! Grab a handbag you no longer need (or buy a new one) and fill it with the following:
- Adult Bag: Shampoo & conditioner, toothbrush & toothpaste, soap, roll on deoderant, sealed period products
- Mum & Bub Bag: Maternity pads, breast pads, newborn nappies, shampoo & conditioner, toothbrush & toothpaste, roll on deoderant, baby shampoo, disposable nappy bags, baby wipes, dummies, baby wash, nappy rash cream.
- Teen Bad: Ideally a backpack filled with period products suitable for younger bodies, shampoo & conditioner, roll on deoderant, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept these items:
- Pharmaceutical items (including condoms, throat lozenges, paracetamol and ibuprofen)
- Food and drinks
- Sharp objects (including razors and scissors)
- Loose tampons and pads
Once it's full, feel free to add a personal message wishing the recipient a happy Christmas.
Wave FM Drop Off Point
Wave FM 96.5, Warrawong
Top Floor 73 King St, Warrawong
Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Cut-off: 9am Monday 30/11
For more information visit sharethedignity.org.au/event/its-in-the-bag.