CD Projekt Red haven't stopped at simply releasing one of the greatest games of all time onto the Nintendo Switch they are also committed to making sure the updates keep coming.
The latest patch that has been rolled out adds some very notable enhancements that answer a lot of the critiques of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's port to the switch.
The game looks great on the handheld mode of the console, but has been poor on larger screens. Now you can adjust features like "Depth of Field", "anti-aliasing", "motion blur" and "chromatic aberration effects". Basically when the game was ported it had to make sacrifices to get one of the largest most in depth games ever designed to play on the console that is really a gaming tablet. The compromises were absolutely worth it just to be able to play the game on a handheld device. It's great that they have continued to work on improving the experience because honestly, they didn't need to. They were already selling bucket loads of copies and everyone was pretty happy. Now there is even more reason to celebrate with these improved graphics options.
Another major feature of the new patch is a real game changer. You can now save your game on your switch and pick it up again on your PC. There is save file support for Steam or GOG. Meaning that all those performance optimisations just went out the window. You can have the absolute best of both worlds if you have a Nintendo Switch & a decent Gaming PC.
Here is an outline of what the patch offers
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimisations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various game play and crash fixes.
- Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
- If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won’t be able to recognise it.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Nintendo Switch Patch 3.6 is available now.