There were 995 positive COVID-19 test results (cases) notified for the 24 hour period to 4pm yesterday – including 466 positive PCR tests and 529 positive rapid antigen tests (RATs).
That's a slight increase on yesterdays case number of 977.
NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of two people with COVID-19 from our Local Health District:
- A female in her 80's from Wollongong LGA, who was vaccinated against COVID-19
- A male in his 50's from Shoalhaven LGA who was vaccinated against COVID-19, and had significant underlying health conditions
A breakdown of Local Government Area cases is below:
- 480 cases from LGA
- 169 cases from Shellharbour LGA
- 305 cases from Shoalhaven LGA
- 41 cases from Kiama LGA
Across NSW, more than 95 per cent of people aged 16 and over have received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 94.6 per cent have received two doses to Tuesday 12 April 2022.
- Of children aged 12 to 15, 83.3 per cent have received a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 79.5 per cent have received two doses.
- Of children aged 5 to 11, 49.8 per cent have received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 32 per cent have received two doses.
- Of people aged 16 plus, 61.5 per cent have now received a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, this represents 65.5 per cent of the eligible population that received their second dose more than three months ago.
The total number of vaccines administered in NSW is now 17,676,173.
Image: Wave FM, NSW Health Facebook