There were 764 positive COVID-19 test results (cases) notified for the 24 hour period to 4pm yesterday – including 307 positive PCR tests and 457 positive rapid antigen tests (RATs).
That's down from the case load of 1,167 from the previous reporting period.
NSW Health reported the death of one person with COVID-19 from our Local Health District, a male in his 70s from Shoalhaven LGA, who was vaccinated against COVID-19.
A breakdown of the Local Government Area cases is below:
- 398 cases from Wollongong LGA
- 132 cases from Shellharbour LGA
- 212 cases from Shoalhaven LGA
- 22 cases from Kiama LGA
Across NSW, more than 95 per cent of people aged 16 and over have received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 94.6 per cent have received two doses to Saturday 9 April 2022.
- Of children aged 12 to 15, 83.3 per cent have received a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 79.5 per cent have received two doses.
- Of children aged 5 to 11, 49.7 per cent have received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 30.7 per cent have received two doses.
- Of people aged 16 plus, 61.2 per cent have now received a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, this represents 65.1 per cent of the eligible population that received their second dose more than three months ago.
The total number of vaccines administered in NSW is now 17,634,368.
Image: Wave FM, NSW Health Facebook