The Weather Bureau has a strong wind warning for the Illawarra today, however the warning is upgraded to a Gale warning for Saturday.
Winds are expected to reach up to 60kmh early on Saturday, and at this stage are likely to stay strong for most of Saturday. The Bureau says on it's website -
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
Image Credit: BoM