Illawarra Newsroom

Gas Stoves Linked To Asthma



Illawarra households are being warned if you have a damp home or a gas stove, you may be contributing to your children developing asthma.
The Medical Journal of Australia found 12-per-cent of childhood asthma is linked to exposure to gas stoves and eight-per-cent is attributed to household dampness. 
The University of Queensland's Doctor Luke Knibbs  says its because more children are exposed to natural gas for stovetop cooking.. " and also the health effects, or the risk for asthma when exposed to gas stoves is similar, but can be in some cases slightly higher than the risk associated with damp housing." 

Tags: asthma, gas stove, damp homes