Illawarra Newsroom

Fire Devastates An Illawarra Family

Dapto house fire 140917.jpg
An Illawaara family has lost everything after their home was gutted by fire while they were away on a holiday.
Their rental property on Marshall Street, Dapto, caught alight early Tuesday morning, but because no one was home to raise the alarm, it was well alight by the time firefighters arrived and little could be done to save the contents.
 
The family cut their holiday short to return to the devastation, finding nothing left to salvage.
 
It's understood the contents were not insured and friends have launched an online fundraiser to help - www.gofundme.com/fejsxm-please-help.
 
It's believed the blaze may have been caused by an electrical fault.
Photo: For Illustrative Purposes Only. WaveFM news stock.