LATEST NEWS

Mel Trav Hero Header 6

Community Rallies Behind Dapto Family Who Lost Everything To A Fire

Dapto house fire 140917.jpg
An Illawaara family has lost everything in their rental property after it caught alight Tuesday morning on Marshall Street in Dapto.
Because no one was home at the time to raise the alarm, it was well alight by the time firefighters arrived. 
They now have nothing but the possessions that they had taken away with them on holidays.
 
Sadly the contents were not insured and this prompted their friend Lachlan Murphy to start up a GoFundMe page to help out.
Mel & Trav spoke to Lachlan this morning about it.   

It's believed the blaze may have been caused by an electrical fault.
 
 
Photo: For Illustrative Purposes Only. WaveFM news stock.