We’re making changes to some key foreshore parking locations this summer.
From Monday 15 January, Wollongong City Council introducing timed parking at several key locations across the city to support access to parking in popular locations.
Community consultation was conducted in 2023 and the Wollongong City Traffic Committee approved the following locations in late 2023:
- Bald Hill, Stanwell Park – Installing 2hr timed unpaid parking for part of the carpark.
- Austinmer Beach, Austinmer – Installing 4hr timed unpaid parking in the carpark.
- Bellambi Beach – Providing additional parking in existing carpark on Robert Cram Drive and installing directional carpark signage on Rothery Street.
- Flagstaff Point – Introducing 4hr timed unpaid car parking in the carpark.
- Port Kembla Beach – Introducing 4hr timed unpaid car parking in the pool car park, and 2hr timed unpaid parking on Cowper Street and Olympic Blvd. Opening the existing beach carpark at the lower level for longer and asphalting and marking additional parking in the overflow space.