Evacuations due to Kiama Leagues fire

August 21, 2023 9:25 am in by
Image: Fire and Rescue NSW

A fire in the basement of Kiama Leagues Club, has forced its evacuation and closure on Sunday afternoon.

Emergency services were called to the Terralong Street venue just after 3.30pm, with reports a clothes dryer was well alight.

At least 50 people were evacuated from the premises due to heavy smoke filling the club.

Article continues after this ad

Firies say actions by ‘quick thinking staff’, stopped the flames spreading.