Hollywood turned on the glamour for another glitzy awards night, with film and television stars turning out for the 2019 SAG Awards over the long weekend.
The SAG nominations are one of the last major opportunities for actors to court Oscar voters and build momentum ahead of the Academy Awards on February 25.
A Quiet Place star Emily Blunt turned heads on the red carpet in a pink Michael Kors gown, which also caught the attention of those at home — but for a very different reason. Some red carpet watchers were convinced Blunt’s dress looked like a very particular female body part.
Emily Blunt’s dress kinda looks like a vagina, and honestly it’s the only reason I like it. pic.twitter.com/kZgxJlEtz1— Margaret Snowden (@margesnowden) January 28, 2019
Black Panther made history, becoming the first superhero film to be nominated for and win best picture. Black Panther also won outstanding stunt ensemble. The night also saw Glenn Close beating out Lady Gaga for Best Actress and Rami Malek being recognized for his leading role in Bohemian Rhapsody. On the TV side, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel took home three awards – check out all the winners
Meanwhile This Is Us star Mackenzie Hancsicsak tweeted from the ceremony to let people know they could stop by her table to buy some Girl Scout cookies. One fan suggested she seek out Ellen DeGeneres for some sales, Hancsicsak replied, "If @TheEllenShow ever wants us to come visit her show, my troop will bring cookies for her whole audience!"
SAG Awards 2019 Winners:
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast: Black Panther
- Best Actor: Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Best Actress: Glenn Close, The Wife
- Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, Green Book
- Best Supporting Actress: Emily Blunt, A Quiet Place
- Outstanding Stunt Ensemble: Black Panther
- Outstanding ensemble, drama series: This Is Us
- Outstanding ensemble, comedy series:The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Best actor, drama series: Jason Bateman, Ozark
- Best actress, drama series: Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
- Best actor, comedy series: Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Best actress, comedy series: Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Best actor, TV movie or mini-series: Darren Criss,The Assassination of Gianni Versace
- Best actress, TV movie or mini-series: Patricia Arquette, Escape at Dannemora
- Outstanding stunt ensemble, comedy or drama series: Glow
Get the full list of winners HERE
image credit - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Actor_Statuette_(SAG_Awards).jpg